1) Many small fixes and slight problems in cars and trucks require a screwdriver. Keep a multi-head screwdriver in your auto to make sure you always have the one you need.
2) An adjustable wrench is necessary for loosening or tightening nuts and bolts. With that, a pair of pliers will come in handy. Tire change anyone?
3) Duct tape is handy in a pinch. If something is loose that shouldn’t be, you may be able to temporarily secure it with duct tape until you can get to an auto repair center.
4) A hammer may not have any obvious use, in auto repair, but sometimes you need a little extra force when something is stuck.
5) A first aid kit should be thought of as a must-have item for your auto. Hopefully, you never have to use it, but if you do, you’ll be so grateful you had the forethought to keep a first aid kit in your vehicle.
6) A multi-use car charger is very useful in an auto, especially when travelling a long way. Being able to power a device like your cell phone or laptop, or even USB-run devices from your car, can be indispensable when you’re on the road.
7) Water is the most basic human need, after oxygen. Don’t be caught on the side of a deserted road without a gallon or two of water in your trunk.
8) A flashlight is something we do not even generally think about until we need it. Make sure there is at least one working flashlight in your vehicle at all times, for nighttime emergencies.
9) Work gloves will protect your hands when you need to get under the hood, or wrangle something rough or hard.
10) Sunglasses are the last, but not least important item to keep in your vehicle. Snowy days, sunsets, and intense summer sunshine can all be cause for UV protection for the eyes. Take care of your eyes like you take care of your car.